How our delivery service works?
At Angling Direct we aspire to offer our customers a delivery experience which is quick, efficient and hassle-free.
The Angling Direct home delivery service is designed to offer you convenience and value.
We offer the delivery services which have its own specific for the United Kingdom regions and overseas.
How do we notify you about the order delivery?
- Once your order is packed and ready to be dispatched on the same day, we will send you the shipment notification email.
- The dispatch notification email has the delivery tracking code, which you can use on the City Link website to identify the current location and status of your order.
- From the moment when this notification email has been sent, you should check the number of days listed for your UK region or other country for goods to be delivered to your shipment address.
- In cases when only part of the items ordered are ready to be dispatched, we will process this to you the same day and the remaining of the items will be delivered as soon as they are available in stock.
- You pay only once, and we WILL NOT charge you any extra if more than one delivery is required on the same order.
Where we deliver to?
- United Kingdom Mainland
- UK Islands, Scotland Highlands, Northern Ireland & Eire
- European Union countries
United Kingdom Mainland
How much does it cost?
A Standard Delivery cost for most orders to UK mainland addresses* are:
- £3.50 for orders with total amount under £30.00
- £6.50 for orders with total amount over £30.00
* - your address is within the UK Mainland if not mentioned in the "UK Islands, Scotland Highlands, Northern Ireland & Eire" section below
How long does it take?
Items ordered on any business day (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays should be usually delivered within 3 business days (excluding weekend), anytime up to 5.30pm.
Our standard delivery will be next day if the order is placed before 12pm and all ordered items are in stock. Under some circumstances we cannot guarantee next day delivery, however every effort is made by ourselves & the couriers to achieve this.
UK Islands, Scotland Highlands, Northern Ireland & Eire
All the UK's regions and postcodes mentioned below have specific delivery cost & delivery times which are different to the UK Mainland
How much does it cost & how long does it take?
|UK Region / Postcode||Delivery time||Delivery Cost (for order total weight)|
|up to 1 kg||1-5 kg||5-10 kg|
|Northern Ireland||2-3 days||£5||£15||£20|
|Scotland Highlands||2-3 days||£5||£15||£20|
|Isle of Man||2-3 days||£5||£15||£20|
How do we charge for the delivery to European Union countries?
- You pay only for the exact weight of your order!
- The delivery cost for specific country depends only of the total weight of the items ordered.
- When you have your order placed, we initially charge the cost of 10 kilogram delivery to your destination country.
- Once your order is ready to be dispatched, we will calculate the exact weight of your order and if the total weight is less than 10 kilos, we will refund back the difference of the delivery cost you have paid to your payment card.
- Knowing the appoximate weight of an item which you want to order, you can calculate the cost of delivery before placing the order.
How much does it cost & how long does it take?
|Country||Delivery time||Delivery Cost (for order total weight)|
|up to 1 kg||1 - 5 kg||6 - 10 kg||11 - 15 kg||16 - 20 kg||21 - 25 kg||26 - 30 kg|
|Ireland||2 - 4 days||£10||£14||£17||£21||£23||£26||£29|
|Italy||5 to 7 days||£26||£26||£32||£40||£45||£51||£54|
|Romania||5 to 7 days||£10||£26||£32||£39||£41||£45||£47|
|Bulgaria||5 to 7 days||£10||£23||£27||£34||£36||£39||£41|
|Spain||5 to 7 days||£10||£23||£26||£30||£34||£38||£40|
|Hungary||3 to 4 days||£10||£26||£32||£39||£41||£45||£47|
|Sweden||4 to 5 days||£13||£39||£56||£73||£82||£90||£96|
|Poland||3 to 4 days||£10||£23||£28||£34||£51||£36||£39|
|Denmark||3 to 4 days||£10||£23||£35||£39||£42||£45||£48|
What courier services do we use?
All orders addressed within the UK & Europe are being send by City Link courier company. You must arrange for someone at your address to be present and sign for the parcel on the expected delivery date.
Where a parcel cannot be delivered, (e.g. no-one at home), you will be notified by City Link with a telephone number to call to arrange a suitable time for re-delivery. City Link will only attempt one re-delivery, thereafter you will be required to collect your parcel from the collection depot within 5 days. If your parcel is not collected within 5 days it will be returned to Angling Direct. Your credit / debit card will be credited your original total cost less £14.99 which is the full cost of delivery to you, plus return delivery charges back to Angling Direct.
However we can accept third delivery and redirection charges to ensure delivery of your parcel. Please contact our Customers Services Department on 01603 400757 for further details
How to Track your parcel
Once you have placed an order, you will receive an email confirmation that the order is being processed. When we dispatch the goods you will receive another email with your City Link Tracking number. You can then visit the City Link Website and enter your tracking number in the City Link Job No box. You will then be able to view the status of your delivery after 7.30pm.
Occasionally parcels are delayed due to poor addressing/sign posting . We may need to give City Link your telephone number in case they need to contact you regarding the delivery. There is a check box on the order form giving you the option of allowing or disallowing this information to be released.
Overseas orders are usually sent by Royal Mail to keep the cost of delivery down.
What to do if there is a problem with the delivery
Angling Direct relies upon the services of third party couriers, and whilst we endeavour to ‘keep to our word’ there are unfortunately a few occasions when the couriers fail to perform the service that they are required to. This happens rarely, but because it does occur, albeit occasionally, we cannot be held responsible for the late delivery of an item. For the avoidance of doubt Angling Direct will not refund the standard delivery charge if the courier has failed to deliver the item(s) on the anticipated delivery date.
If the parcel does not arrive when you expect it then please don't hesitate to give us a call on +44 (0)1603 400870. We will contact City Link or Parcel Force and call you back to let you know what's happening.
If the goods are damaged upon receipt please call us on +44 (0)1603 400870 or e-mail: email@example.com within 7 days of delivery.